Reductio ad absurdum

lib·er·al \Lib"er*al\, Adj. 1. Favoring political and social reforms tending towards democracy and personal freedoms for the individual; advocating reform or progress in education, religion, etc. 2. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; not bigoted. 3. Open to new ideas for progress; tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Drive-thru issues...

Is there a point to the fast food industry's reluctance to accept walk up traffic to their drive-thru windows? Every place I've ever eaten at balks at the fact that someone could possibly be on foot and want to get something to eat at a fast food joint. Tonight I drove over to Wendy's to grab a bite (don't tell Sadie) and was approached by 2 goth girls. Now I am approached by girls all the time ( don't tell Sadie) and these two asked me to order them some food because the minimum wage earning burger nazis had told them they could not accept their order for "safety reasons". So I ordered their food and drove around to the pay window, the leader of the goth girls walked up and tried to pay, this was refused by said burger nazi. So what happened was, I'm not making this up, goth girl put the money in my hand, I dumped it into burger nazi's hand. Bear in mind that we are all within 2 feet of each other and the absurdity of this has not registered with burger nazi but me and goth leader girl are laughing pretty hard by now. Burger nazi them dumps the change into my hand, I give it to goth leader. Burger nazi hands me goth order which I hand over to goth leader girl, all this time burger nazi does not crack a smile and I perceive a deep resentment coming from her, I think she begins to suspect that this food may not in fact be for me. At this point goth girl thanks me and frowns at burger nazi. I laugh and drive back to work.
How was what transpired any safer than goth girl ordering her own food and walking around to get it? I know I've caused more damage to drive-thru's when I've been in cars. I've thrown beer bottles at taco bells and spit on macdonalds menu signs (I wasn't driving in these cases, rather I was the obnoxious drunk who begs for a ride home then makes the DD stop at an all night fast food place to slow down the inevitable vomiting. If someone is going to hold up a drive-thru, I'm just guessing here, they will probably use a car rather than walking up. Also whatever damages these pedestrians can cause can be caused by a driver who....gets out of their car! Well I think I'm done on this topic. On a separate note I'm planning a poker tournament for sometime in early-mid November (don't tell Sadie) so keep that in mind Tara. Sherman out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home