Reductio ad absurdum

lib·er·al \Lib"er*al\, Adj. 1. Favoring political and social reforms tending towards democracy and personal freedoms for the individual; advocating reform or progress in education, religion, etc. 2. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; not bigoted. 3. Open to new ideas for progress; tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

B.Sherm's new roommate...


As many of you know my brother, professional poker player / student Brad (shown left, holding sign)lives in the thriving metrolpolis of Lethbridge where the Pilsner flows like water into my basement and movies cost "2 bits" (a nickel on tuesdays) Brad is a homeowner and rides out the bad beats by renting out rooms in the house. (Kinda like Forrest Gumps mom, in fact Brad also had a guy who played the guitar 'real good' and Brad would dance while this guy played...never mind this story ends badly) Brad was trying to fill his last vacancy when he got this email.

Hello I'm NA.
how do you do?
i'm really sorry.....i didn't understand exactly....
so i send mail to you
I'll instroduce myself....
i'm 22 years old from KOREA. I came here to study english 3month ago. so i
cannot speak english well.....
uhm.....i living in downtown of calgary. I'm gonna leave at 10 am. i might
arrive 1 o'clock.
how can i get to your house? could you pick me up?
how can i pay for house fee? can i pay it this sunday?
and i heard to you. house fee is $350 included utilities.
there aren't a bed,a desk, and tv in my room...... right? so i need a
bed, a desk, a tv......right?
if there are ded, desk i like....but i don't care....(haha^^)
uhm.... i just want a pillow and bed clothes....
could you lend me these?
ok~~ my phone number is 403) 714-0574......
please send to me e-mail. i'll wait your answer...
thank you very much. thank you for listening my bad english.......









What should Brad do with NA?
Tell him he can sleep in the yard if he mows the lawn and shovels snow.
Tell him he can sleep on the couch like Steven Wright in "Half-Baked"
Hire him as house chef.
Tell he can stay but that the house has hundreds of cameras hidden and they are on TV in Korea
Grill him about the slow pace of negoitions regarding North Korean nuclear disarmament.



Free polls from Pollhost.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home