Reductio ad absurdum

lib·er·al \Lib"er*al\, Adj. 1. Favoring political and social reforms tending towards democracy and personal freedoms for the individual; advocating reform or progress in education, religion, etc. 2. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; not bigoted. 3. Open to new ideas for progress; tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"That's a spicy Au Jus!" (said with Italian accent)

Me and Mrs. WesinCalgary went to Joey Tomatoes on saturday night for dinner. The food was ok but I noticed a problem. The next day at work I was reading on my coffee break when my bookmark fell out which happened to be the bill from the restaurant. It had an email address on the bottom in case you had any issues. Well I was pretty bored so I thought I'd drop them a line, not to bitch and moan but rather to inform them of a gastronomic issue.....

From: Wes Scheuerman [mailto:scheuer1@telus.net]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 1:46 PM
To: feedback@joeysmedgrill.com
Subject: one minor complaint



Your food is generally very good however the last couple times I've been to Joey's someone has ordered the Beef Dip and both times the Au Jus was way too salty. Besides that it was a pleasant meal.



Wes Scheuerman


-----Original Message-----
From: Britt Innes [mailto:binnes@joeysrestaurants.com]
Sent: October 11, 2005 6:07 PM
To: scheuer1@telus.net
Cc: feedback@joeysrestaurants.com
Subject: RE: one minor complaint

Dear Wes,


Thank you for your email. Feedback from our guests is extremely important to us and we really appreciate you taking the time to share yours with us. Although, I am pleased to hear that you find our food to be very good I am disappointed to hear that recently the Beef Dip Au Jus has been too salty. Although, the Au Jus base is salty it is intending to compliment the sandwich and should not be overly salty. It sounds to me that the Au Jus was not prepared to specifications otherwise I am sure that it would have been much more enjoyable. I would like to forward your email to the Chef at the location it was that you had visited. This way they can follow up with their cooks and make sure that this recipe is being executed properly. Could you please send me this information so that I may forward your email? I am curious to know if you or someone who you visited with expressed dissatisfaction with your servers at all? We train our servers to cue search to ensure that our guest’s meals are perfect and I am concerned if this was not the case on your visit. I think that there may have been an opportunity for us to re-make the Au Jus or modify it slightly so that it was more enjoyable.


Wes, I know that it was not your intention to receive any type of compensation for sharing your feedback with us but as a token of my appreciation for doing so I would like to send you a gift card for you and your guest’s to use at Joey’s. Could you also send me your mailing address? Again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warmest Regards,


Britt Innes
Director of Guest and Partner Relations
Direct Line (604) 937-2302
Fax (604) 939-3621
binnes@joeysmedgrill.com


How's that for customer service!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Careful, its a trick. The old "send you a gift card" routine. Once you e-mail him back your address, they'll send the real "Joey Tomato" over, a 300lbs goon who will break his foot off up your ass. Then he'll spit on your carcass and say, "how's that for salty, beeatch!!".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home